*Content of waiver included below. Copies of all waivers will be included on online registration and will be signed/accepted and/or completed electronically.
CYC Junior Sailing Program Rules and Discipline Policy
- No sailors on docks or floats without supervision and a life jacket/PFD
- Life jackets/PFDs must be worn and secured at all times on docks, floats, boats or in the water (by sailors, instructors and coaches)
- Closed-toe footwear to be worn at all times
- No running
- No unsupervised swimming
- No jumping off boats (except with the permission of the instructors)
- Respect one another – no hitting, pushing, roughhousing
- Use respectful language – no swearing, foul, or rude language
- No littering on land or water
- Stay with the class unless you have permission from an instructor to leave
- All sailors must make an effort to sail out and return to docks together or with a buddy
- Prior to drills, all boats must stay within hailing distance of the safety/coach boat
- No destruction of Club or private property
- No smoking, drugs or alcohol
- Watch fingers and feet between boats, docks and moving parts
- Club owned boats must be properly returned and put away after use
- Sailors must make every effort to avoid collisions
Failure to follow the CYC Sailor Code of Conduct will result in consequences. The CYC disciplinary system works on a three-strike policy.
- First Strike: The sailor will be warned by an instructor. The strike will be recorded on the sailor’s file and the LTSD will be notified.
- Second Strike: The sailor will be warned by an instructor. The sailor may be asked to sit out for the rest of the class/day. Parent/guardian will be informed and asked to meet with the LTSD to discuss the first and second transgressions and to make a plan to avoid any future misbehavior. The strike and meeting notes will be documented in the sailor’s file.
- Third Strike: The sailor will be asked to sit out for the rest of the day, for the rest of the week or for the remainder of the session, depending on the severity of the incident. Parent/guardian will be informed and asked to meet with the LTSD. The Commodore will also be informed. The strike will be documented in the sailor’s file.
Continued abuse of the rules by a sailor participant will result in expulsion from the program. Parent/guardian and the Commodore will be informed. The strike will be documented in the sailor’s file. No fee will be refunded.