Upcoming at CYC:
- Adult Learn To Sail Courses are open to members and non-members and will be held on Saturdays July 14th, July 21st, & August 11th. The course will be divided into Advanced and Basic Sailing. Please call or email for more info.
- CYC’s 1st Annual Family Fun Overnight Cruise to Bachman’s Island on Saturday, July 28th Power & Sail Welcome! Itinerary below.
- *Calendar Correction for Monday, July 9th CYC’s Annual July Information Meeting has been postponed until Monday, July 23rd
- *Cancelled: “Rattle On About” Mini-Talks scheduled Wednesday, July 11th. The first “Rattle On About” will be on Wednesday, July 25th. RC Paul is offering short talks about Rules of Racing, VHS, GPS, Safety, & more.
- Race Week Pig Roast Tickets Available at the Bar...Have you purchased yours yet?
CYC this week:
Club is now open from Tuesday to Sunday at 11am. Please look at your calendar for July Club Hours. Bar Closed Monday, July 9th
Tuesday, July 10th
JUNIOR SAILING BBQ AT NOON ALL MEMBERS WELCOME!
Junior Sailing BBQ raises $$ to provide for Junior Dance on August 1st
Junior Sailing Session I: July 2 to July 13
Bluenose Pearre Cup 2 of 4 1830 Start
BBQ will be ready at 1700 for sailors and members to come watch the Bluenose racing.
CYC’s Racing BBQ Specials: Burger and Beer $6.50 Hot Dog & Beer $5.50
(Local Beer or now Garrison Draught or due to membership requests – glass of Wine)
‘Ladies Little Black Dress Night’ Tuesday night 6 to 9pm Wine tasting, networking, fabulous vendors, hors d’oeuvres, door prizes, silent auction, Photo Booth, LIVE MUSIC.
Tickets still might be available call the club 275 3747 or return email.
Wednesday, July 11th
IOD Series 1 2 of 3
Thursday, July 12th
Huntington Cup FFA 2 of 4
Bluenose Sanye Cup 2 of 4 Spinnaker Optional
BBQ will be ready at 1700
Burger and Beer $6.50 Hot Dog & Beer $5.50
(Local Beer or Garrison Draught or Wine)
Thursday Racing Photography: Heather will be out on the water to shoot photos of CYC’s yachts as they cross the start line, round the buoys & make their way across the finish. Come to the club to see Heather’s amazing photographs on CYC’s large screen.
Friday, July 13th
1800 Hors d’oeuvres by Chester Playhouse
Thank you Chester Playhouse!
(‘The Health Services Foundation of the South Shore’ will be next Friday, July 20th)
Saturday, July 14th
Adult Learn To Sail 1000
CYC’s Adult Learn To Sail is for anyone who wants to know more about recreational sailing. You can come to one, two or all three days (Course dates: July 14, July 21 & August 11). Instructors are Paul Avery, Sandy Swenson & Patricia Finlay. All own boats and share the passion of sailing and being on the water. Cost: Non-member $90.00/day; CYC member $60.00/day. Classes begin with a class lesson 10am, break for lunch (CYC will have BBQ going at Noon) and then spend the afternoon on the water. Return to the club for a debriefing and finish approximately 5:30pm. There is no rain date so will be sailing as long as the winds permit. Please email for course descriptions and registration form.
BBQ fired up at Noon
Racing BBQ Special: Burger or Hot Dog & choice of Beer, Garrison Draught, or Wine!
Sunday, July 15th
George Baker FFA
Bluenose Mark Dauphinee 1 & 2 of 4
CYC’s Racing BBQ Specials at Noon